Call Today 713-588-4414

Welcome to my Blog!

My Blog is dedicated to current topics in Texas Family Law.  Here, we delve into discussions and closer examinations of common situations and queries that I have encountered in my career as a Family Law Attorney.  The food for thought presented in the blog will help the reader to gain insight and make better informed decisions in the future.



The Site cannot and does not contain legal advice. The legal information is provided for general informational and educational purposes only, and is not a substitute for legal advice.

 Accordingly, before taking any actions based upon such information, we encourage you to consult with the appropriate legal professionals or licensed attorneys. We do not provide any kind of legal advice. The use or reliance of any information contained on this site or our mobile application is solely at your own risk.

Texas divorce. Texas Child Custody. How can I get more time with my child if I have a standard possession order?

Posted by Veronica Dorsey | Dec 30, 2019 | 0 Comments

Can I get more time with my child after divorce or separation? You can certainly try and in many instances you may achieve your goal. This post helps you understand the order that you have and ways to increase the time you have under that order. The intent of this post and series of post is to put the parent's relationship with the child first and to ensure the child does not get divorced from either parent during the divorce from a spouse or breakup be tween parents. Children are incredible human beings with hearts, feelings, and emotions. Continuous, uninterrupted time with parents who promote emotional and physical well being is an admirable goal and one which this post helps to achieve.

Contact Us

When you are in need of sound legal advice. Give the licensed attorney at The Dorsey Law Firm a call. We can assist in uncontested divorces, adoptions, paternity testing and so much more! We service the following counties: Harris County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County.